Principal Software Development Engineer
Are you technical matter expert who is technically motivated to shape the product for the business? Then we have the right role for you! Rubicon Project is looking a Principal Software Development Engineer with expert technical knowledge and experience who is thorough and agile, capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. In the Ad Serving team you will work on real-world problems in the core of the business, own your systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
What you will be doing:
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet both system and business requirements
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Support operation of services in production
- Able to balance high-quality development with pragmatism and rapid delivery of products
- Want to work in an environment where software engineers are full participants in shaping the product and the business
- Be a creative problem-solver who can draw on an array of expertise and technology to design and implement reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions to challenging problems
- Attention to detail
What we look for:
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic enterprise server applications
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to be a tech evangelist and lead
- 7+ years’ Java Development experience
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol including headers
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE or related science required
Nice to have:
- Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra and Kafka
Extra perks we offer:
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of medical, dental and vision plans to fully cover you and your loved ones (including Fido). Want to work out? We’re all for it -- you select your gym or exercise class and we’ll provide you with a subsidy.
- Enjoy your stay: We want to make it easy for you. Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and free vending machines (and a beer fridge).
- L.A. employees can soak up the sun, practice their putting on our wi-fi enabled patio, enjoy the view of mountains, palm trees, and even go for a swim or surf in the Pacific Ocean only a few miles away!
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top