Machine Learning Engineer
Rubicon project is looking for an up and coming Machine Learning Engineer to join our Orders Private Marketplace team in a highly influential role. Our team is responsible for developing a marketplace product that helps buyers & sellers to negotiate and buy/sell ads. The product has a huge potential to have an impact on Rubicon's revenue and will be a key growth driver within the Rubicon's ad ecosystem.
As a Machine learning engineer, you will work on various data driven products that will improve the user experience and help users plan their ad campaign & ad inventory for efficient monetization. Successful candidates will have experience deploying machine learning systems, solid programming skills, excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a small team. This will be an opportunity to work on interesting and complex data driven products from the ground up.
What You'll do
- Build and support search & recommendation models; your model will surface search results relevant to user
- Build and support data driven campaign planning; your model will help customers to take action based on historical and projected data
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses; your analysis will help to scale business, to plan for resources and to explain non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with the data science team to actively improve data products
- Work in an agile environment and ship features regularly
What we look for
- 2+ years industry experience with machine learning projects
- Deep understanding of machine learning models and data analysis
- Proficiency in at least one of the widely used programming languages; Java/Scala or Python and numerical libraries such as pandas, numpy etc.
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Ability to work both solo and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new things
Nice to have
- Java/Scala production experience; and willingness to learn others
- Elasticsearch & search relevancy tuning
- User personalization a.k.a recommendations with collaborative filtering / content filtering
- Machine learning techniques like Time series analysis, regression and clustering
- Large scale data processing using Spark or Hadoop
- Python or R for data analysis
- Take time for yourself: Take what you need -- our vacation days are unlimited.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of medical, dental and vision plans to fully cover you and your loved ones (including Fido). Want to work out? We’re all for it -- you select your gym or exercise class and we’ll provide you with a subsidy.
- Enjoy your stay: We want to make it easy for you. Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and free vending machines (and a beer fridge).
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top