Lead Software Development Engineer
The Rubicon Project is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to join our growing team of enthusiastic engineers focused on building robust, scalable, maintainable and well documented systems for core ad serving, real time bidding and transactional order services.
Every day we serve billions of ads, process terabytes of data and provide valuable data and insights to our publishers and buyers. If building software that touches 200+ million people every month is interesting to you, you'll fit in well here.
- Implement new features and support existing systems for real time ad serving, transactional APIs and self service user interfaces
- Drive every aspect of a feature, including design, database schema, backend services and user interfaces.
- Work together with the design and product teams to build the best possible product for our customers.
- Collaborate with the other leaders to lead the Orders Reporting and Insights group
- Play a key role in architectural and strategic decisions
- Continuously inspire and develop your team of engineers
- 8+ years experience working in Java and the JVM
- Experience with MySQL
- Strong computer science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data-structures.
- A highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people leader
- Eager to learn, and open to exploring new technologies
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work well with other developers
- Bachelor or master's degree in computer science or related field
What we would love if you had:
- Industry experience in ad tech
- Feel comfortable with Test Driven Development
- Experience with modern scale-out databases like Druid and Cassandra
- Familiar with Solr and/or Elasticsearch
- Exposure to machine learning / data science
- Have used big data systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Have some experience with AWS and its tools
What's in it for you:
- Working with one of the largest Big Data environments in the industry
- Hands on lead a smaller team size which means your work will have greater impact.
- Career path, fun work environment, unlimited vacation (we do close down 2 weeks out of the year and you get paid for it!), spectacular benefits, free catered lunches, etc
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top