Engineering Manager - Efficiency Tools
Do you live to solve problems, technical and otherwise? Do you take responsibility where others fear to tread? Are you passionate, fast and detail-oriented in your work? Can you communicate as readily with executives as with developers? Do you want to manage people while staying technically hands-on?
If your answers to these questions are “yes”, great! The Rubicon Project is growing, and we need a hands on Engineer Manager or a Lead Engineer who wants an opportunity to move into management. In the Ad Serving team you will work on real-world problems in the core of the business, own your systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
- Own the short and long term vision of creation of tools focused on maximizing team engineering effectiveness and efficiency.
- Standardize, create and optimize tools that make engineers more productive -- including but not limited to:
- Design and develop automation GUIs and dashboards.
- Develop, deploy and test new capabilities for our test automation system and ensuring timely completion in relation to project schedules.
- Support developers and testers in on-boarding and debugging efforts by providing expertise in our deployed tools, and by creating situational specific tools.
- Translate requirements into technical designs and project plans.
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet the requirements.
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Support operation of services in production.
- Mentor of other developers on the team.
- Line manager of other developers.
- Able to balance high-quality development with pragmatism and rapid delivery of products.
- Want to work in an environment where software engineers are full participants in shaping the product and the business.
- Be a creative problem-solver who can draw on an array of expertise and technology to design and implement reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions to challenging problems.
- Attention to detail.
- 5+ years’ production coding experience.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and the ability to help lead and grow an engineering team.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools in the areas of continuous integration, operational troubleshooting, general automation and debugging tools.
- Production expertise in at least one of the following interpreted languages: Perl, Python.
- Production expertise in at least one of the following compiled languages: C/C++, Java.
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus).
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE or related science required.
Back to top