The Chief Technologist is a recognized technology visionary able to translate emerging technologies into applications for new and enhanced products & services, and outcomes of all technology-related functions of the company worldwide. (Also, he/she will oversee the technical direction and design of new products, and work with the Sales, Product and Marketing teams to deliver on Product Development goals)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate with the executive team in developing corporate strategies and operating plans as it relates to technology and product development offerings
- Oversee the development and acquisition of new technologies and tools that will improve the company’s technology infrastructure and product offerings.
- Establishes the company’s technology policy and protocols for the organization; sets, approves and adjusts major policies and operating procedures
- Directs a team responsible for discrete technology functions such as infrastructure, software engineering and development, solutions engineering, data scientists, and technical product management and operations
- Ensure that technical and architectural plans are supported and deployed
- Oversees the acquisition and/or development of new systems and technologies ensuring effective upgrades with no compromise to product quality and capabilities
- Manage product management team and efforts for a full product development lifecycle including designing product roadmaps and developing use cases
- Accountable for setting and meeting product development budgets and schedules. Develop, monitor and modifies the company’s product development processes.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Product Marketing) through market requirements, product development, release and positioning.
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Client facing - join and occasionally lead strategic customer meetings to communicate the vision and roadmap while solving for specific client use cases.
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate degree a plus
- Experience managing and leading teams in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial company
- Experience in the ad tech & digital advertising industry, and programmatic markets
- Possess excellent track record of managing and developing major products, improving and ensuring quality of products, and solid product management skills in an on-line environment
- Ability to translate strategic goals into plans and actionable objectives
- Exhibit natural leadership qualities to help and inspire other team members. Ambition, high energy and the will to succeed.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organization
Technical skills: Knowledge and experience with emerging technologies
- Knowledge of all aspects of the businesses and marketplaces of Rubicon Buyer and Seller Clouds, including Real Time Bidding, Ad Networks, Agencies, Trading Desks, malware, non-human traffic, ad operations and ad servers, and the overall advertising ecosystem
- Ad management systems, mobile platforms, mobile SDKs
- Mediation, Mobile Video, Rewarded Video, SDK, and Ad Serving technologies
- Understanding of Internet advertising (account set up, inventory and tag management, click reconciliation, etc.)
- Programming languages: Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C or C++
- Service oriented architectures, advanced database schemas, big data processing, highly scalable and available web services.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and surrounding issues
- Demand Side Platforms, Ad Exchanges, Data Management Platforms.
- Ad industry technologies including auction-based ad exchanges, ad serving, behavioral targeting, performance optimization and analytics.
- VAST and VPAID as well as Open RTB Video Ad serving requirements
- SQL & BI Toolset required (Microstrategy / Tableau / Hadoop / etc.)
- HTTP protocol, networking, CDN, Web performance factors
Meet Some of Rubicon Project's Employees
Software Development Engineer
Working from Rubicon Project's Los Angeles Headquarters, Paulo develops software on the Science Team. He creates full stack applications to better optimize results for the company’s client portfolio.
Back to top