Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon has become the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
The Continuous Improvement Manager drives a culture of Business Excellence through enhancing the design and implementation of the organization’s hauler-facing processes. This role will provide the expertise and leadership needed to drive continuous improvement with the organizations 5,000+ member hauler network. This role will work closely with the senior leadership team, this role will serve as a change agent, internal consultant and mentor. Interaction with leadership should stimulate thinking by posing new ways of doing things, challenge conventional wisdom and demonstrate successful application and implementation of processes that facilitate the transactions within the hauler network. This role will report to Controller, and have high visibility to senior management operations and corporate levels.
- Manage/oversee the invoice-processing team (4 direct reports, 13 total team members) to ensure optimal efficiency ensuring that we are processing hauler invoicing in a timely manner avoiding business interruptions
- Ensure timely payment of hauler invoices in the most efficient manner
- Develop processes to drive operational efficiencies, provide and implement analytics to identify potential trends, risks and opportunities for improvements
- Develop and implement systems to streamline operational processes while creating all necessary controls and policies to protect the organization
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with various departments to ensure key performance indicators are aligned with overall organizational objectives
- Drive the development and implementation of Continuous Improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan that provides innovative solutions to process inefficiencies while increasing automation
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management team
- Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to strategic execution. Provide strategic insight and evaluation of the organizations progression
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university, plus 5-8+ years of relevant experience in Finance, Operations, Business Management or related fields, including 4 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and manage deadlines in a changing environment
- Demonstrated skills in strategic leadership, problem-solving and delivery of best practices
- Proven team-building experience
- Capability to understand systems benefits and limitations to guide the technology team to deliver beneficial system enhancements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, company personnel, and others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.