Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon is the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
Description: Drive revenue results in defined market area using consultative sales approach that doesn’t focus solely on price. Enter all activities and opportunities in CRM tool.
Summary / General Description:
- Build and maintain a full sales pipeline from prospecting to close in a defined territory through cold-calling
- Educate customers on service differentiation, pricing, training and value-added during the sales process
- Anticipate how decisions are made and persistently explore customers’ business needs
- Follow up after sales to achieve referrals, grow existing business, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain a high level of integrity, commitment, and trust to exceed expectations in sales and retention of customer accounts
- Report on competitive situations and maintain regular customer contact.
- Prepare, lead and finalize negotiations and contracts with customers.
- Deliver proposals and assist with negotiation of terms on agreements.
- Degree preferred but not required
- Experience using Salesforce.com to build and maintain pipeline
- Experience in selling a service instead of a product
- Experience in managing a long sales cycle
- Experience in proactively attacking a territory and defining a plan to do so
- Ability and desire to work independently, with little direct supervision
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- 1-3 years of B2B outside sales experience
- Cold-calling experience
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to travel 50-75% overnight
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.