Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon is the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
The Ops Financial team is structured by Business Channel (i.e. Retail, Grocery, Healthcare, Properties, Restaurant, Manufacturing and Industrial). Each Channel includes a portfolio of customers ranging in number from 1-20. The Ops Financial Leads report to a Financial Manager. That Manager has overall responsibility for (a) making sure customers are billed and invoiced correctly and in a timely manner (b) address exceptions for auto-billing by researching and implementing solutions (c) create new process improvements that will increase automation and team’s efficiency. As a part of accomplishing these 3 objectives, the Financial Ops Lead is expected to deliver results for the customers under their responsibilities (between 1-10) as well as contribute with ideas/benchmark processes for improvements. A successful Financial Ops Lead will be able to balance both day-to-day financial and service management of the accounts with the ability to drive medium/long term initiatives to improve automation and efficiency.
Summary / General Description:
- Performs the collections function which includes contacting customers regarding outstanding amounts, determining issues concerning accounts, recommending proper resolution of issues, and communicating with management.
- Track customer contracts to vendor payables to ensure accuracy and have the ability to contact vendors to discuss and resolve and discrepancies.
- Performs audits with vendors to ensure payables are maintained on time for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Drive effective cross-functional integration with other customer support functions (i.e. vendor management team and customer service teams)
- Improve and enhance data integrity of contracts supporting customer service team by providing adequate feedback on improvement opportunities
- Increase customer experience (Net Promoter Score) of account(s) – from billing & invoicing perspective
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or analytical focused field
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Demonstrated project execution experience
- Interest in the environment and sustainability
Necessary skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Deep financial acumen, including comfort with complex data sets / spreadsheets
- Customer service experience, enthusiasm and a passion to assist others
- Proven experience in managing, tracking, and successfully executing projects
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with supervisors, employees, customers, employees and business partners
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.