Manager Of External Communications
- Effectively communicate directly with customers, vendors, investors and leadership to establish a positive brand image to the public.
- Assist the CEO in creating Public Relations campaigns that align with company objectives, increase brand value, and maximize sales.
- Create monthly reports to demonstrate the success of each campaign, analyze results, report on key PR metrics, and learnings.
- Contribute to the development of owned, paid and earned media including content development, strategy, and execution.
- Develop strategy and execute around all social media for Rubicon, research and deliver recommendations around new media and opportunities.
- Proactively secure local print, online and broadcast media coverage for all lines of business in all markets.
- Media relations responsibilities include developing/writing/pitching local story ideas, pitching divisional press releases to local media outlets, securing and coordinating logistics for local interviews, preparing local spokespeople for interviews, coaching/training spokespeople, publicizing local events and promotions, securing publication of bylines in allied newsletters and business journals, developing and maintaining reporter relationships and developing and maintaining local media lists.
- Drive local social media strategy to support company goals.
- Develop and help leadership maintain consistency in messaging and best practices.
- Write press releases and prepare local speeches, slide presentations, research, etc.
- Identify public relations opportunities at the national and local level. This would include arranging for speaking opportunities at meetings, thought leadership articles, online content opportunities, etc.
- Degree or related experience in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Communication, Business Administration/Business Communications, Marketing, and related fields an asset.
- Ability to develop new and innovative public relations and communications strategies to suit a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to articulate complex messages.
- A positive attitude and ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities.
Meet Some of Rubicon Global's Employees
Wesley educates prospects on the trash monopoly and shares how Rubicon Global is different. He also explains how hauler technology makes routes more efficient and reduces waste management costs.
Back to top