Manager Of External Communications
- Effectively communicate directly with customers, vendors, investors and leadership to establish a positive brand image to the public.
- Assist the CEO in creating Public Relations campaigns that align with company objectives, increase brand value, and maximize sales.
- Create monthly reports to demonstrate the success of each campaign, analyze results, report on key PR metrics, and learnings.
- Contribute to the development of owned, paid and earned media including content development, strategy, and execution.
- Develop strategy and execute around all social media for Rubicon, research and deliver recommendations around new media and opportunities.
- Proactively secure local print, online and broadcast media coverage for all lines of business in all markets.
- Media relations responsibilities include developing/writing/pitching local story ideas, pitching divisional press releases to local media outlets, securing and coordinating logistics for local interviews, preparing local spokespeople for interviews, coaching/training spokespeople, publicizing local events and promotions, securing publication of bylines in allied newsletters and business journals, developing and maintaining reporter relationships and developing and maintaining local media lists.
- Drive local social media strategy to support company goals.
- Develop and help leadership maintain consistency in messaging and best practices.
- Write press releases and prepare local speeches, slide presentations, research, etc.
- Identify public relations opportunities at the national and local level. This would include arranging for speaking opportunities at meetings, thought leadership articles, online content opportunities, etc.
- Degree or related experience in Public Relations, English, Journalism, Communication, Business Administration/Business Communications, Marketing, and related fields an asset.
- Ability to develop new and innovative public relations and communications strategies to suit a variety of audiences.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to articulate complex messages.
- A positive attitude and ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities.
Meet Some of Rubicon Global's Employees
Anna manages a sales pipeline for small- to medium-sized businesses in a western territory. She educates prospects on cost savings and the benefits of improving their recycling setup.
Back to top