Director of Demand Generation
Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon is the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer, the Director of Demand Generation is charged with establishing scalable lead-gen strategy for a B2B business entering an accelerated growth stage. This is a rare opportunity to build something from the ground up and see it grow quickly. Experience in fast-paced environments and a proven track record of building and leading high performance teams is critical to this role. The successful candidate will be data and results-driven, and comfortable with both the analytical and creative sides of acquisition marketing. S/he will have experience with direct response marketing and optimizing conversion rates through the funnel.
- Outline and drive an overall demand generation plan that includes programs, webinars, large scale events, and account-based marketing strategies
- Deliver results throughout the full sales funnel—from incoming lead to closed deals
- Closely partner with different marketing functions and the sales organization
- Own marketing strategy and channels across all lines of sales (SMB, Mid-Market, and National Accounts)
- Drive a strategic and integrated Account-Based Marketing program to target our top tier National and Mid-Market accounts
- Drive the strategy behind paid programs selection for both National and Mid-Market
- Build and Analyze measurement of program performance and marketing attribution, continually optimize for conversions
- Collaborate across content, social, and to execute integrated marketing programs
- Work with sales operations to determine ongoing improvements to the lead flow and reporting process
- Drive strategy and execution for demand generation and brand awareness across all digital assets including website, targeted landing pages, email, ads, thought leadership content
- Execute integrated campaigns that include a mix of call-to-action, email, digital, lead-nurturing and content.
- Provide support for on demand webinars, conferences, and events
- Work closely with SMB sales team to drive the outbound lead gen and prospecting
- Define, track and report pipeline metrics including leads, MQLs, SALs, SQLs
- Own overall web and marketing automation tool stack and associated vendor relationships. Evaluate new technologies to improve performance.
- Own content/editorial calendar and content creation including; blog, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics
- Own building and implementing conference/event strategy to support Mid-Market and National Account sales
- Forge strong communication and service level agreement (SLA) between marketing and sales execs
- Lead a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, MQLs, SQLs and Opportunities
- Forecast and present to senior management
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of key Sales and Marketing metrics, and use those metrics to set target CPA thresholds per customer segment; experiment with new channels, techniques, and messaging to scale advertising spend as quickly as possible while maintaining target profit margins
- Oversee search marketing efforts, including managing a relationship with a high-performing search agency; ensure we are optimizing keyword and bid strategies, continually improving ad copy, and frequently testing landing page variations to deliver the maximum return on our search advertising spend
- Drive the strategy and execution of lead nurturing programs to engage prospects higher in the funnel and generate additional demand
- Design a direct response strategy that is on-brand, measurable, and effective at driving new business; ensure we scale DR activities quickly, while maintaining the integrity of our brand; develop programs for driving direct conversion to sign up through our website, as well as generating leads for potential high revenue customers
This may be a good fit for you if:
- You've been told (more than once) that you're scrappy, a progressive, a roll-up-the-sleeves get stuff done type of person that’s organized, honest and thoughtful
- You've been called an overachiever and even a geek
- You don't leave things to chance and rely on your ability to "wing it" rather you're calculated, data-minded, prepared and take measured risks. You trust the data not your intuition
- You're resourceful, excellent with sales and marketing technology, intellectually curious and ready for new challenges
- You've evolved (or want to continue to evolve) your digital marketing skills and can identify with the terms "Growth Marketer" and "Growth Engineer" and maybe even "Growth Hacker"
Education & Required Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, MBA a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in B2B campaign design and demand generation, 4+ years successfully managing both Demand Gen and Marketing Ops teams
- 5+ years of management experience
- B2B technology experience
- Experience using Marketo or Pardot (or similar marketing automation platform) and Salesforce
- An understanding of the sales funnel and focus on driving leads, MQLs, and opportunities
- Big picture thinking with meticulous attention to detail; you will need to understand the overall business and marketing strategy, translate that into an acquisition strategy and guide the team through execution
- A love of analytics and a proven track record of analyzing campaign performance and identifying actionable insights to increase new customer acquisition
- Experience marketing to both SMB and National Accounts
- Online program management experience including content syndication, paid emails, and advertising
- Excellent analytical skills with experience measuring marketing attribution
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills—you will be writing your own emails and landing pages, and will be presenting to sales or at industry conferences
- Not afraid to be a player and coach
- Attention to detail and focus on exceptional quality work
- Highly organized and able to handle a high volume of programs and priorities
- Technically savvy and able to pick up new technologies fast
- Not afraid to try new things, highly creative and excited to build creative and unique programs leveraging design creative and content
- Familiarity with event sponsorships/marketing is a plus
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
Back to top