Accounts Receivable Manager
Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon has become the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for leading a team of Accounts Receivable Representatives to optimize collection of business to business receivables in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. In this role you will establish strong working relationships with customers and internal partners to achieve organizational and departmental goals.
Summary / General Description:
- Ensure implementation of proper controls and maintain accuracy of accounts receivable system. Review, research and correct errors. Ensure requirements and procedures for service, volume and efficiency are met.
- Develops department policies and procedures. Works with Supervisors to implement best practices and drives initiatives to improve claims billing efficiency, cash flow, AR, and staff and department performance.
- Supervises the accounts receivable staff, including hiring, training, employee relations and the scheduling and distribution of work load.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, provide and implement solutions to issues, reconcile account differences and identify areas to improve efficiencies via automation to reduce or eliminate manual processes.
- Work closely with other internal departments to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Finance or Business degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- 4+ years of management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and manage deadlines in a changing environment.
- Proven team-building experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, company personnel, and others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a high volume/high transaction environment
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
Back to top