Accounts Payable Manager
Backed by a stellar consortium of Venture Capital investors, Rubicon Global is driving innovation in the $900 billion global waste and recycling industry. Rubicon has become the world’s leading provider of sustainable waste and recycling solutions. Our technology platform connects customers with a national network of haulers, while making it economically compelling to divert waste from landfills. Rubicon’s unique value proposition has resulted in substantial company growth.
As a certified B corporation, Rubicon is committed to promoting environmental accountability. Unlike established landfill owners, whose revenue is generated by ensuring waste volumes remain robust, Rubicon’s interests are aligned with customers: to reduce waste and its associated costs while maximizing the re-use of valuable materials. We provide customized services to market-leading customers in many industries including retail, health care, education, private equity, distribution, property management, construction, food service and hospitality. Further, Rubicon’s big data platform is positioned to be the definitive source for customers to empirically report on Corporate and Social Responsibility goals for environmental sustainability.
In addition to developing and deploying its scalable technology platform, Rubicon has built an experienced management and advisory team to prepare the company for exponential growth. Nate Morris, the company’s co-founder and CEO, has garnered many accolades including being named a member of Fortune Magazine’s 40 Under 40 and a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum. Notable investors and advisors include Marc Benioff, Barry Sternlicht, Andy Jassy, Oscar Salazar (Uber’s founding CTO), David Plouffe (Uber’s SVP for Strategy and Policy), and Brent Callinicos (Uber’s latest CFO).
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for providing overall team development and process leadership to the Accounts Payable Team. The A/P Manager oversees day to day operation on a high volume accounts payable operation and is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring internal controls.
Summary / General Description:
- Manages assigned personnel as it relates to all projects or related work
- Leads the design, development and implementation of streamlined processes, best practices and internal controls for the AP function and works to implement automation of processes within the department
- Creates operational and functional objectives and work plans
- Develops and monitors metrics, reporting and the performance of the AP team.
- Ensures that all daily processes are completed in a timely, accurate and in a controlled manner
- Ensures that all Accounts Payable general ledger accounts are reconciled, maintained in a current status, and properly reviewed and approved
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Finance or Business degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of progressive experience in an Accounts Payable role
- 4+ years of management/supervisory experience.
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently, and manage deadlines in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic accounts payable leadership and delivery of best practices.
- Proven team-building experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, company personnel, and others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a high volume/high transaction environment
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
Back to top