Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
Do you have the desire to share a common passion for creative thinking, innovative engineering and outstanding guest service that drives continuous improvement? Is looking beyond the now, sensing and feeling and intuiting what could be important to you? If you are, Royal Caribbean Group, is seeking the Director, Data Architecture to lead the Data architecture strategy, design, reference architectures for business and technology domains across the Enterprise. This is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture organization leading a team of passionate architects that is focused on architecting and designing solutions related to improving next generation vacations. This Leader and the team will collaborate closely with CDO, product, engineering, domain architects, and other cross-functional teams to deliver cutting-edge data platforms and solutions.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Data and Analytics jobs in Pembroke Pines, FL delivered to your inbox every week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the data architecture across the Enterprise, integration, solutions, and its overall success
- Develop data architecture and strategy to support successful business outcomes.
- Define holistic data architecture for business applications, data analytics applications including data science and AI/ML.
- Proactively works with business leaders and product managers to identify Data architectural solution blueprints needed for solution build, manage the commitment and timeline
- Lead the Data Management Reference Architecture and ensure the alignment of Product/Project solutions align with the Reference Architecture
- Drives the creation and validation of non-functional requirements for the data platform concerning items such as consistency, availability, partitioning, sharding, performance, security, resiliency etc.
- Perform industry research for emerging data technology trends and best practices in data architecture for leveraging in Product/Project solutions. Advises and makes recommendation on emerging trends for leveraging in refactoring current solutions and in future projects
- Collaborates with Chief Data Officer team for advising and aligning the architecture standards.
- Define the roadmap for the Unified Data Analytics and AI Platform along with waypoint plan for realizing the target state architecture
- Lead delivery of hands-on Prototyping/PoC efforts to validate strategic architecture definitions by working Product Vendors and System Integrators.
- Maintains the blueprint along with working towards making vendor recommendations, providing candidate solutions, and allowing the adoption of the best solution that will meet the program needs but also be aligned with the overall enterprise goals.
- Lead review of design and assessing the feasibility of implementation and recommending options, constraints, and alternatives to product team especially when complex requirements are prohibited from implementation due to existing constraints
- Liaison with other architects to understand the integration scenarios and provide solutions to the cross-program blueprint level dependency analysis
- Responsible for reviewing the proposed data architecture for data analytics applications including data science and AI solution blueprints with Engineering Lead and Product Manager prior to implementation
- Leads creating the review material for presentation to architecture review board (ARB) where required and get closure on the solution path to be undertaken for implementation
- Leads PoC's where necessary to prove solution direction in coordination with product and engineering lead around resource capacity and priority
- Providing collaborative support towards implementation efforts - with engineering team, platform team, and QA team by providing Q&A and offering help to the build team where necessary
- Conducts periodic implementation review to examine whether the solution aligns with the blueprint level architecture and suggest remediation/correction actions necessary within sprint or PI
- Help examine recurring issues to identify underlying gaps in architecture or implementation and coming up with suggestive remediation list for engineering teams to review and implement
- Collaborate in designing deployment solution in coordination with devops team
- Maintain a collective portfolio level documentation of solution blueprints that express the makeup of the program and the solution's continuous alignment to enterprise architecture standards
- Identify opportunities for improvement in any area, whether it be people, process, or technology of the program in an ongoing manner
- Contributes to establishing software principles, blueprints, and standards.
- Promotes best practices for effective use of software technology and services.
- Plays a leadership role in defining systems integration processes and practices.
- Advocates for process reviews in on-going IT projects or services under defined IT policies.
- Monitors organizational and functional adherence to IT policies and procedures when addressing risk management.
- Leads discussions and answers complex questions regarding cross-functional IT policies and standards.
- Contributes to the establishment and use of best practices in IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Creates criteria to measure the effectiveness of IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Forecasts technological industry trends and potential risks in the implementation of defined IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the following backlogs are maintained in JIRA
- Active backlog for work to be performed within Increment, with dependent engineering or infrastructure tasks where possible (short range planning)
- Future backlog for work to be performed now to enable future Increments (long range planning)
- Review backlog for remediation work discovered by architects in current sprints to further allow the engineering teams to validate and improve the quality of work delivered
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science/Engineering or related disciplines.
- 15+ years of experience with a wide variety of data platforms both on-premises and on AWS including different types of databases such as Oracle, Db2, Cassandra, Couchbase, Realm, MongoDb
- Strong hands-on experience in data reporting, and analytic solutions with Oracle Exadata, MS Synapse, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, Toad.
- 5+ years of experience with architecting and designing Cloud based data platform including Amazon Aurora, RDS, S3, EC2, EFS, Hadoop.
- Deep expertise with data model design including traditional RDBMS, Document NoSQL, Wide-column NoSQL, Key-Value Database, conversion of relational data models to NoSQL data models.
- Expert in understanding the Consistency, Availability, and Partitioning (CAP) capabilities of SQL and NoSQL databases and experience with tuning Consistency capabilities of Eventually consistent No SQL Databases.
- Strong experience with architecting and delivering data and Big data platforms capabilities such as database Clustering, Replication, Disaster Recovery, Ship to Shore data replication, resiliency, maintaining data integrity.
- Hands on experience with large scale package implementations like Siebel CRM, PeopleSoft.
- Deep experience with data ER modeling and mapping the ER model to SQL and No SQL models including Cassandra, Couch DB, Relational DBs.
- Extensive experience data platform high availability design both on-premises and on cloud.
- Broad experience with performance tuning on traditional RDBMS and NoSQL platforms. in a large enterprise.
- Experience with AI/ML including Supervised learning, Unsupervised learning, and reinforced learning. Supervised learning algorithms including Logistic Regression and the Back Propagation Neural Network and Unsupervised learning algorithms including Apriori algorithm and K-Means with Python
- Experience with AWS ML, or Google AI Services, or MS Azure. Databricks, Azure Data Lake is must.
- Experience with application middleware technologies family of products is a plus
- Architecture and design experience with platform implementations across Business, Application, Data, and Platform architecture.
- In depth knowledge in Data Ingestion, Data pipeline design, ETL for extracting, transforming data from heterogeneous data sources to a target state architecture data source.
- Platform design and implementation experience with projects that encompass digital, webservices, microservices, API gateways etc.
- Experience with docker/container platforms that includes Kubernetes, Mesosphere, etc.
- Experience in administering messaging solutions that include IBM MQ, Tibco EMS, Confluent Kafka, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Windows operating systems and virtualization technologies
- Experience with middleware clustering and load balancing
- Agile approach to development and delivery of architectural artifacts, solutions, and standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP
- Proficiency in project estimations, capacity planning, availability planning and performance
- Documentation and development of processes and procedures.
- Automation and Scripting experience that includes designing and building data pipelines
- Experience with Architecture frameworks like Zachman, FEA, TOGAF, MODAF/DODAF
We know there's a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We'll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.