Trust & Safety Agents - Bilingual (French) (Spokane)
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Seattle, we have seen tremendous growth in the United States and Canada. Backed up by our latest funding round of 155m US$, we are an agile and ambitious, fast-growing company with a team of 370+ people, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected tech companies.
Now, Rover.com and the benefits we spread to pet lovers is expanding further in Europe! We are looking for multilingual Trust and Safety Agents - German / French in our Spokane office to support our European users.
About the Trust & Safety Team
Rover’s Trust & Safety team is responsible for providing excellent customer care through prevention and resolution of safety issues while balancing and mitigating risk to the company and our customers. We aim to provide expedient and thoughtful resolution through investigation, analysis, and enforcement of Rover.com’s Terms of Service. The Trust & Safety team works with cross-functional stakeholders to recommend process and policy changes that promote safety of the Rover experience as well as overall customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be working at the center of Rover.com offering exceptional customer service through sensitive situations. You will provide support for Trust & Safety core enforcement issues as well as providing supplemental support to our international team, serving as a point of contact in Seattle for language and policy enforcement. This individual exemplifies Rover values, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is a positive team player.
- Be a customer advocate
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through
- Expediently investigate and provide safety resolutions for customer concerns and incidents
- Educate users on how to maintain safety and security while using Rover responsibly
- Provide customer support via phone and email
- De-escalate high touch and/or sensitive safety situations with empathy and action-oriented support
- Problem solve complex situations
- Work with distributed teams/leaders to ensure consistent and quality policy enforcement and issue resolution
- Providing clear and concise responses to time-sensitive matters
- Provide suggestions for policy and tool improvements
- Clear communication with distributed teams on shared issues and projects
- Willing to work weekends and be comfortable with a flexible schedule
- Maintain confidentiality and good judgement surrounding sensitive information and data
- Maintain professionalism and calm demeanor while balancing expediency
- Communicate effectively and manage escalated conversations in a professional manner between customers and third parties
- Must work weekends and be comfortable with a flexible schedule while the European Market grows
- Native or Full professional fluency in French or German is required
- Prior experience in customer experience role
- Ability to manage time and prioritize effectively
- Exceptional communication (phone) and writing (email) skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Flexible in dynamic environment with ability to pivot accordingly to ensure team efficiency and deliverables are met
- You embrace change
- Adept at multitasking while maintaining strong ownership
- Passion and enthusiasm for Rover
- Passion for marketplace safety
- Strategic and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated team player ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
- Worked in the vet tech industry and/or experience in dog behaviors, including aggressive triggers.
- Prior Trust & Safety experience and/or experience in web or mobile marketplace
- Previously used Rover.com as a pet parent or dog sitter/walker
- Experience with startups or fast-paced growth companies
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Spokane.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Sounds interesting and like a perfect match?! - Then we can’t wait to get to know you!
Back to top