Senior Software Engineer - Platform Performance and Stability
- 6+ years as a professional software developer
- (3+ years working with Django and Python) OR (3+ years working with Ruby on Rails AND 3+ years working with any other programming language)
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills
- Excellent debugging, profiling, and root cause analysis skills
- Experience with query optimization tools both at a database and ORM query optimization level
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle and Agile development practices -- we run a continuous delivery operation (10 minutes from commit to live on site)
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
See Inside the Office of Rover
Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover makes it easy for pet parents throughout the U.S. to find and book five-star dog sitters. Rover.com connects dog owners with the nation's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers, offering in-home boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and day care. It's a one-stop shop for loving and trustworthy pet care providers.
Back to top