Senior Product Manager, On-Demand Pet Owner Experience
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
The On-Demand Owner Experience Product Manager is responsible for the initial conversion and ongoing retention of pet owners engaged in Rover’s assignment-based consumer marketplace, including our on-demand dog walking service. As an internal expert on our owners, you deeply understand user pain points and are an expert at A/B testing, funnel optimization, and hypothesis-driven design. You will partner closely with Engineering, Design, Analytics, and with owner-focused Operations teams across the organization.
This role will focus on three things
1. Optimizing the owner acquisition funnel for Rover’s assignment marketplace, including our on-demand dog walking service
2. Executing initiatives and developing features to drive owner engagement and retention
3. Defining a framework for identifying and measuring owner segments, and recommending and testing acquisition programs focused on growing key segments
- 5+ years of Product management experience, with 8+ years of tech industry experience.
- Passion for measuring and driving customer engagement and retention.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Why We'll Hire You
- You can go get the data you need with and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You are scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top