Senior Manager of Safety and Enforcement
- Investigate trends in the business and competitive landscape to inform business decisions
- Help design, develop, and execute upon a global, best-in-class Trust and Safety strategy that integrates product, analytics, and operational effectiveness to proactively mitigate risk, of our online and offline customer experience when incidents happen.
- Own annual and quarterly strategic planning, safety operations initiatives, financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for the organization.
- Working with the product, engineering, analytics, and brand teams to inform and develop business needs to improve trust across the platform as well as operational effectiveness.
- Strong People Leader with the ability to motivate and inspire large teams.
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships across multiple teams and time zones.
- Mitigate high crisis incidents that pose a risk to company brand through de-escalation tactics.
- Provide critical strategic decision support through analytics and business insights.
- Develop policies for owners, sitters, and pets in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization to enable trust to be maintained and enhanced.
- Ensure exceptional day-to-day operation of the global trust and safety teams, open to travel to locations around the world.
- Collaborate with legal and PR/Communications as needed to respond to online/offline safety issues effectively.
- Engage and maintain a productive relationship with third party insurance, contracted partnerships, and effectively source and leverage new resources to manage workload and customer demand.
- Work closely with senior operations leaders to ensure consistency and to collaborate on company-wide customer operations initiatives.
- 10+ years experience managing managers as direct reports
- Experience with leading large teams of 100+ employees.
- Experience with CRM tool, such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar.
- Demonstrated history of making critical judgment calls based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Robust data analysis with the ability to present data and make recommendations to influence the organization to critical outcomes with quantitative analysis and presentation using.
- Proven organizational, detail orientation and time management skills required.
- Able to handle confidential information maturely and professionally.
- Creditable negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment
- High energy with superb attention to details, and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in operations management, with measurable and demonstrated process improvement results.
- Preferred industry experience in eCommerce, Trust and Safety, Risk Management, Fraud and/or related role.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data, and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Occasional travel required
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
See Inside the Office of Rover
Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover makes it easy for pet parents throughout the U.S. to find and book five-star dog sitters. Rover.com connects dog owners with the nation's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers, offering in-home boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and day care. It's a one-stop shop for loving and trustworthy pet care providers.
Back to top