Senior Manager, Customer Experience
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Our Senior Manager of Customer Experience is a CX leader responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet sitters/walkers receive astonishingly great service by coaching and scaling a fast-paced, multi-leveled support team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of Managers, Supervisors and their respective teams to exceed service levels and performance goals. The focus of this role will be on delivering world class customer service for Sitters and Owners in a hyper-growth environment, identifying and implementing process & product improvements that improve economics at scale without sacrificing service level. This position will report to the Director of Customer Experience and Safety.
The ideal candidate is one that thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, has a high sense of urgency and bias towards action, and can identify ways and act quickly to improve key metrics when things don’t go as planned. This position requires a person that enjoys change management, has a voracious appetite for interacting with data to solve problems, has an ability to be innovative, to communicate clearly, to be organized, and to drive critical outcomes. This person will also have a deep commitment to servant leadership, as they will be responsible for the company culture - both within their team, and as leader, across the broader Ops team. Development of the team's future leaders, as well as creating a culture of transparency and excellence will be critical for their - and Rover's - continued success.
- Oversight of high touch (high complexity) owner/sitter contacts, owner / sitter onboarding and ongoing performance, new product and new country support, overnight contacts, and Business Partner Outsourcing.
- Deep integration and partnership with multiple teams within Ops (Trust & Safety; Quality; Bus Ops) and across the org.
- Lead and be responsible for an internal team of Managers, Supervisors and their respective teams that solve problems experienced by customers.
- Establish, achieve and exceed goals and performance metrics for the team on a consistent basis. Service level, Satisfaction, Quality, Efficiency and Productivity.
- Setup and manage SQL based dashboards to track and measure the business.
- Hire, coach, and develop customer-obsessed frontline team members and managers; you must be ready to be passionate about people management and a servant-leader to your team.
- Develop processes and workflows to be scalable and efficient, drive a culture of continuous improvement, and partner with Business Operations and Product to help inform prioritization.
- Use data to derive actionable insights that improve overall customer experience, including proactively exploring and sizing hypotheses and new opportunities.
- Help operationally scale Rover’s customer support function across several focus areas. Execute in a way that ensures under/over staffing is managed in a way that maximizes efficiency and quality.
- Be a subject matter expert on Rover’s product and services, policies, processes, and workflows.
- Work cross-functionally to create a seamless customer experience with Rover. That includes partnering with teams such as Safety & Enforcement, Product & Engineering, Marketing, etc.
- Respond to escalated customer issues and inquiries with grace, while developing the next generation of leaders to be able to do this as well.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in customer support, operations and/or contact center operations.
- 3+ years experience managing managers as direct reports
- Proven track record of growing & scaling a business or support operation
- Data driven and analytical; Familiarity with capacity planning, workforce management, and contact center scheduling and “shrinkage” management as well as the drive to question processes and make impactful optimizations.
- Vendor management experience is critical; strong preference given to individuals who can demonstrate successfully managing BPOs to aggressive goal metrics, without sacrificing the customer experience.
- Prior experience with support channels including phone, chat, text message, and email required; prior experience with Zendesk and Talkdesk preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, especially in fast-changing, high-growth situations - you are calm and collected, no matter what comes your way.
- Familiarity with two-sided marketplaces and/or “shared economy” business models preferred.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top