Senior HRBP - Data, Marketing and G&A
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs. This includes pet sitting, dog walking, grooming, and doggy daycare. Rover was founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog. Rover's goal is to improve and simplify life for pet parents and the dogs they consider family.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington. We work closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Rover has a track record of being recognized as a phenomenal place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected companies. Our groundbreaking approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Over the last 7 years, Rover has achieved many important achievements, however, we are most proud of the culture we’ve built and the many wonderful employees we’ve hired into our organization over the years. We are looking for a seasoned and strategic HR Business Partner with a strong learning and development background who will help us maintain our current culture while scaling standard methodologies as we venture into the next phase of our growth.
In this role, you will own all HR support for our Marketing, Data Science, Finance, Legal and HR teams. Additionally, you will lead a variety of HR initiatives, with an initial emphasis on employee, manager and leadership development. Along with the rest of the People Operations team, you will be influencing and supporting decisions on organization effectiveness, organizational design, compensation, diversity and inclusion, employee development and talent density. This position will have a huge impact on our business and our culture as we continue to expand in the US and abroad.
The ideal candidate for this role has successfully supported Marketing, Operations and/or Data Science teams at several high-growth tech companies. A background with significant Learning and Development experience is also important given the additional focus. You should have a strong orientation toward using data to inform both the diagnosis and the creation of relevant solutions, allowing you to understand themes from surveys and assessment tools, as well as informing the design of innovative solutions that solve problems and drive business impact. You will have experience working cross-functionally with senior leadership (C-suite) to design programs that ensure new managers are set up to be strong leaders as the business continues to grow, expand and scale.
- Partner with senior leaders and their teams among the assigned client groups to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This includes taking ownership for designing, building and implementing programs, processes, and tools to help set up people and organizations for success
- Serve as the Learning and Development (L&D) subject matter expert on the Rover People Operations team. Apply thought leadership to deliver solutions that will increase the skills and capabilities of our employees, people managers, and leaders.
- Use data to diagnose and assess the human resources needs in areas such as organizational design, team effectiveness, performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development, and leadership development as well as drive the appropriate solutions in these areas
- Apply leadership development and change management expertise to support a dynamic, growing and scaling a business - developing and supporting leaders and managers to successfully achieve business goals
- Partner with business leaders to find opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their fullest potential
- Coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations for a wide range of issues. May include conducting investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results
- Assist with the communication and rollout of Rover-wide HR programs and policies
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required and assigned which may include leading initiatives across our US and international locations
- Support maintenance of human resource information system records and use people and organizational data and analyses to proactively see opportunities and interventions
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Handle HR issues in ways which are consistent with Rovers values
- Help us make Rover the best place our employees have ever worked!
- 7+ years of work experience in an HR Business Partner role including, performance management, change management, and employee engagement
- 3-5 years of experience in instructional design, curriculum development, training facilitation, and learning operations
- Strong analytical skills. Experience using data to identify the root cause and inform recommendations, and presenting data to make decisions
- Experience working in a high-growth organization supporting leaders, programs, etc. that scale globally (experience in the high-tech industry preferred)
- Experience managing global projects and initiatives, with strong cross-functional project and program management skills
- Insightful, vulnerable and passionate about driving the right business outcomes
- Expert in handling employee relations issues
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the use of the concepts and skills we teach and exceptional commitment to our Core Values
- Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
- Team building and team development experience and capabilities
- History of working with C-levels is a bonus
- Experience working with remote employees is a plus
Benefits of working for Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- 50 free dog walks per year using our on-demand dog walking service
- Doggy PTO – $400 in pet sitting services on Rover.com
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more!
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Back to top