Senior HR Business Partner - International (Barcelona, Berlin, London)
We founded Rover.com with the mission to connect dog owners and pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. Why? We strongly believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog.
Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love by connecting owners with trusted pet care whenever they need it. Millions of services have been booked on Rover, including pet sitting, dog walking, in-home dog boarding, and doggy day care. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) – we love dogs!
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Seattle, we have seen tremendous growth in the United States and Canada so far. Backed by our latest funding round of 155m US$, we are an agile and ambitious, fast-growing company with a team of 450+ people, and our leadership comes from some of the most respected tech companies.
Now, we are on our mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst pet lovers to Europe! In November 2018 we announced the strategic acquisition of Europe's leading pet care platform, DogBuddy. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and driven Senior HR Business Partner! Work as one of the first European team members with our experienced expansion team and help us shape our team and presence in Europe.
- Act as HRBP to Europe-based employees and managers across multiple geographies.
- Trusted Advisor to leadership and International GM on organizational design/structure, organizational development, organizational health and leadership team effectiveness.
- Employee Relations - support managers through performance issues, leaves, grievances, and serve as a sounding board for employees. Ensure off-boarding is done according to country-specific employment laws and regulations.
- Employee and Manager Onboarding - ensure new employees are properly set-up in our systems, tools, local benefits, and that they have an understanding the broader organization, culture, people processes, etc.
- International Benefits & Compensation - partner with, and key point of contact for, payroll and benefits outsourced partners and liaise with US-based Benefits/HRIS specialist. Partner with US-based HR team to maintain international salary structures.
- Support morale and diversity-related efforts - build and sustain an inclusive Rover culture in new and expanding international offices.
- Staffing and Hiring - support external agencies, and as applicable, source and recruit talent for key roles.
- People Processes - drive local communications and ensure timely completion of key people processes (such as Annual Reviews, Mid-cycle check-ins, engagement surveys, etc.). Partner with the Rover US Based People Ops team to align programs with Rover's overall philosophy and culture, including project-based work that may encompass the entire organization and not just international.
- Drive/support learning and development programs across Europe-base audiences (e.g. manager training, professional skills or values-based training, diversity training, etc.) to ensure alignment and understanding of key concepts Rover-wide. Evaluate and solve for regional/local learning and development needs as appropriate.
- Lead a team of HR professionals and build a European HR organization which can support Rover's business growth.
- You have at least 5+ years experience as an HR Business Partner, with experience in at least 2 international organizations.
- You have successfully completed your studies (ideally with a focus on human resources and/or organizational development).
- You have a thorough understanding of various European Labor Laws.
- You have direct people management experience and demonstrated capacity to grow and develop high-performing talent
- You are a passionate, communicative and assertive HR professional, you understand the needs of our business and you are a good listener for our employees.
- You have very good communication skills, are an excellent collaborator and have experience managing a wide variety of stakeholders. As well, you demonstrate a responsible and independent way of working.
- You have a talent for coordination, organizational and a bias toward action, and you know to deal with ambiguity and improvise if necessary.
- You have outstanding verbal and written English skills.
- You like to work in an intercultural environment, have an appreciation for cultural differences, and you are flexible: different time zones are no problem for you.
- Ideally, you have merger and acquisition-related integration experience
What we offer:
- You will join a global team of experienced leaders with ambitious plans for further growth.
- You will set the tone for Rover's international people strategy and lead and support HR efforts in multiple international office locations.
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and a nice team including office dogs are waiting for you.
- Competitive compensation, stock options, clear opportunities for further development as well as doggy benefits included.
- And if you are owning a dog yourself? Bring your furry friend to our office - we are dog friendly!
Does that sound interesting to you? - Then we cannot wait to get to know YOU!
Back to top