Project Manager, Safety and Enforcement
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
About the Safety and Enforcement team:
We're looking for a Project Manager to join our Enforcement team. Rover’s Enforcement team focuses on Trust & Safety, fraud and sitter coaching. You'll be directly responsible for identifying and driving initiatives across four key performance areas: workflow efficiency and scaling; revenue opportunities; customer satisfaction; and safety on the platform. You'll succeed in this role if you excel at: asking the questions that lead to actionable data; driving complex projects to success; communicating with varied audiences across the organization; and acting with a balance of urgency and patience.
- Pair with Senior Project Manager and Senior Data Analysis to define and answer complex business questions and present actionable findings, such as optimizing agent efficiency, developing methodology for early detection and prevention of fraud and incidents
- Identifying and driving initiatives across four key performance areas: workflow efficiencies and scalability; revenue opportunities; customer satisfaction; and safety on the platform.
- Test, improve and implement processes and workflows that will increase efficiency, reduce error rates and enable us to scale rapidly.
- Perform ad hoc investigations to quickly determine cost/return
- Work closely with finance
- Identify and implement tools and partnerships that will help reduce cost and/or increase revenue, including SMS, CRM, fraud management and claims tools.
- Own vendor and partnership relations
- Identify, create and manage like-minded safety based business models within enforcement
- Improve safety across the Enforcement team ecosystem, by identifying, targeting, and tracking key bad actors
- Work cross-functionally with teams in Enforcement, Marketing, Product, CX and data engineering to leverage insights, create excellent customer experiences, and execute on projects
- Mentor and develop team members
- BA/BS degree
- Strong data analysis skills, including defining key data points, gathering them and providing actionable next steps
- Experience using SQL required; willingness to continue to develop advanced SQL skills
- Experience in operations - marketplace and/or on-demand business experience preferred
- Project management experience
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work autonomously in a shifting and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Excel at time management and organization, including ability to multiple projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top