- Experience processing semi-monthly payrolls for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and general ledger activities related to payroll.
- Knowledge of tax rules and regulations that govern payroll & equity administration to ensure that transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies, as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Strong track record of trust and confidentiality.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for US Employees.
- Assist with the preparation of the payroll journal entries and related general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with onboarding new employees as needed.
- Assist in the processing of employment and unemployment verifications.
- Upload and reconcile various benefits as related to payroll processing and the related reporting.
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc payroll reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Process garnishments, overpayments, PTO payouts, and other special payments.
- Fund payments to our 401(k)-retirement plan, HSA and FSA vendors.
- Ensure new hire, pay change, special payment, and termination data is accurate, complete, and submitted timely for each pay cycle.
- Assist with changes for direct deposit, tax withholding allowances, address, etc.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries for routine questions regard payroll and related systems.
- Stay abreast of worker’s compensation and state tax rates changes for multi-state payroll.
- Stay abreast of wage and hour regulations. Assist with incorporating new regulations into payroll policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and regulatory requirements.
- Work with independent auditors and examiners in the quarterly and annual reviews and audits, coordinating payroll related inquiries and requests.
- Assist with process improvements to make us better, faster and smarter.
Your Bonus Skills:
- Public company experience
- Working in a fast-paced, public company environment
- UltiPro (Ultimate Software) experience
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- 50 free dog walks per year using our on-demand dog walking service
- Doggy PTO – 10 days of dog sitting services on Rover.com
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more!
See Inside the Office of Rover
Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover makes it easy for pet parents throughout the U.S. to find and book five-star dog sitters. Rover.com connects dog owners with the nation's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers, offering in-home boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and day care. It's a one-stop shop for loving and trustworthy pet care providers.
Back to top