Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover Operations Managers operate in a fast-paced, agile startup and are responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet caregivers receive world class customer service by coaching and scaling a multi-leveled customer experience team. We are looking for a strategic and analytically-minded leader to take customer support to the next level. Your work will directly shape the trajectory of the customer experience at Rover, all within a vibrant, pet-friendly, later-stage company environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing customer experience teams. Your passion for team leadership is only surpassed by your passion for the customer. You will motivate, coach and develop your team to exceed performance goals, while also empowering them to advocate for the end user. You are someone who has demonstrated tremendous adaptability in a fast-paced environment; you thrive on a team that operates in terms of days, not weeks. You are analytically minded, and know that if you can’t measure it you can’t optimize it. You are comfortable creating and analyzing reports, then making data-driven decisions to improve both business efficiencies and customer experience. FInally, you are able to easily context-switch between executing in the now and strategizing for the future. You will be expected to plan and staff the customer support function as it evolves..
Note: This position is based out of Rover’s Spokane office, managing a team of on-site and remote customer operations agents and supervisors. The role may include weekend days. Exact scheduled days and hours to be determined, as Rover's Customer Experience team operates 24/7.
- Motivate, coach, and develop 1-3 teams supporting the customer experience at Rover. This may include vendor management of outsourcing partners
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and increase operational efficiency
- Work cross-functionally with product and program management teams to build test and implement new initiatives, informing product and business strategy
- Manage queues to agreed-upon service levels, and strive to raise the bar higher
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them
- Create reports and analysis to build the voice of the customer, contribute to broader business narrative, and identify opportunity areas
- 3-5 years experience working in operations or customer experience
- 2+ years experience managing or leading teams in operations or customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar customer management tools
- Experience using data to make strategic business decisions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience at a consumer technology company
- Experience at a startup or other fast-growth company
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience with process design and improvement
- Previously used Rover.com as a pet parent or dog sitter/walker
- Demonstrated competency with one or more analytical toolkits, including Excel, Google Sheets, and / or SQL
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until January 2022 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona once Rover Employees return to office.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.