Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
An Instructional Designer to work directly with our training team and subject matter experts to create programs, documentation, learning aids, etc that will keep up with our rapid growth and align with our Core Values and Culture. You will develop learning solutions and tools that are engaging, fun, and build up the capabilities we need to excel in what we train and do. Someone who is adaptable, and who is comfortable working in an ever changing environment, often with multiple departments and teams at the same time.
- Create training materials and content based on different types of learners.
- Create supporting material and media such as audio, video, role plays, scenarios, case studies, and powerpoint presentations to support the Rover learning experience.
- Use online training systems to create materials, and update procedure, process, and policy.
- Work with trainers and team leaders to identify new processes and training materials for upcoming challenges/changes.
- Assist with managing and creating consistency in an internal knowledge base of learning programs and training materials.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure learning programs and materials are up to date and maintained so the trainers have the needed resources to be successful.
- Assisting with analysis, design, writing and developing learning content and programs in collaboration with training teams.
- Evaluating existing materials effectiveness and continuously improving our training tools.
- Update and edit existing material (including delivery format and instructional methods) to increase learner outcomes.
- 2+ years as an instructional designer, or similar field
- 1+ year(s) in customer support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge of Instructional Design theory and interactive development process and evaluation methodologies - ISD, ADDIE, Bloom, Kirkpatrick, to name a few
- Expert in Google Suite
- Experience with Agile project management using Jira or a similar system
- Experience with online learning tools and developing interactive online self-paced courses within Lessonly or similar tool
- Experience with Zendesk, Talkdesk, and/or similar CRMs and phone systems
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on training needs
Your Bonus Skills:
- Ability to quickly learn technology and technical concepts.
- Ability to develop and customize materials to improve learner engagement and knowledge retention.
- Experience with multiple levels of evaluations.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- A love of dogs and technology.
- Previously used Rover.com as an owner or sitter.
- Experience in startups or high growth companies.
- Experience communicating and working with teammates in multiple locations.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities including movie nights, game nights, snow tubing, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US
Back to top