Head of Trust & Safety
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
About The Trust Safety Team:
Rover’s Trust & Safety team is responsible for supporting Rover's reputation by providing excellent customer care through prevention and problem resolution of issues that pose a risk to the company. The Trust & Safety team also resolves any possible risk to customers or anything that could negatively impact the customer experience through incident investigation, claims management, analysis, education, and enforcement of Rover.com terms and conditions.
In this role, you’ll lead managers to exceed service levels and performance goals, drive scale in a hyper-growth environment, develop and implement preventative strategy, and leverage a strong background in analytics by utilizing data within daily functions. This individual will exemplify Rover values, thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy tackling problems by offering solutions and can identify ways to reduce incidents.
- Direct, lead and inspire a team of managers that solves problems experienced by customers during stays.
- Set and communicate team goals and metrics, and ensure those targets are achieved on a consistent basis.
- Optimize workflow processes to enable the team to scale efficiently as Rover grows.
- Utilizes data to derive actionable insights that reduce the cost to serve.
- Drive team development and morale, both in-office and with remote team members.
- Mitigate high crisis incidents that pose a risk to company brand through de-escalation tactics.
- Foster third party insurance and other contracted partnership relations.
- Partner with business leaders to identify opportunities to attract, develop and retain managers to achieve their fullest potential.
- Advocates for and drives qualitative and quantitative research to develop key insights and recommend actions to enhance safety strategies.
- Measures and reports on the business metric impact of safety products/services/programs to team leadership and key organizational stakeholders.
- Regularly lock arms with project managers to solve urgent issues and get in front of problems on the horizon.
- Own modeling and capacity planning, adjusting to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 6+ years management experience, preferably with teams >10 individuals
- 3+ years experience managing managers as direct reports
- Experience with CRM tool, such as Zendesk, Talkdesk, or similar.
- Experience with managing remote employees and managing business process outsourcers (BPOs) preferred.
- Experience driving capacity planning, workforce management, and contact center scheduling.
- Demonstrated history of making critical judgment calls based on complex information and difficult tradeoffs.
- Strong data analysis with the ability to present data and make recommendations to influence the organization to key outcomes.
- Proven organizational, detail orientation and time management skills required.
- Reputation for being a good leader and strategic partner to clients.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to closure.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or willingness to learn.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Action-orientation with demonstrated ability to build cross-organizational relationships, and influence internal stakeholders to align with a vision and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to leverage customer feedback, research data, and business metrics to continually evaluate current products/programs and champion continuous improvement.
- Occasional travel required
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top