Head of Canada
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic Regional Manager whose charter will be to own and accelerate country-wide growth in Canada. This position will live within Rover’s international team: a fast-paced organization that drives the launch and growth of the Rover platform into foreign markets. As Head of Canada, you will be the strategic mastermind behind market acceleration, balancing supply and demand at the market level, and implementing and adapting key business policies for the Canadian marketplace.
Your key measures of success will be year-over-year growth, hitting sitter acquisition targets, and improving new account conversion. As the P&L owner for Canada, you will also own and allocate Canada’s budget for owner and sitter marketing. Finally, as many of your levers for growth will be product-related, you will work cross-functionally to influence our product roadmap for Canada, then define and implement go-to-market plans for new features and product lines.
- Hit revenue and bookings targets at the national and CMA level.
- Partner closely with sitter and owner marketing teams and strategically deploy marketing dollars to maximize volume while minimizing costs.
- Lead reporting on progress and goals to senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Advocate for the Canadian owner and sitter across the broader organization by providing data, feedback, and local market insights.
- Partner with our Corporate Development team to establish strategic partnerships in Canada.
- Serve as the point person for all legal and government affairs issues at the national and regional level.
- Partner closely with the International Product Managers to drive platform changes to solve the unique challenges of Rover Canada (ex: language localization, marketing restrictions, contract employment laws, etc.).
- Design and execute in-market tests to improve metrics including customer conversion, sitter engagement, and funnel efficiency.
- 5+ years of marketing, analytics, or operations management experience, with 2+ years of people management strongly preferred.
- Startup experience and online marketplace experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior leaders across dynamic, matrixed organizations.
- Experience partnering with diverse cross-functional teams to deliver critical business outcomes.
- Experience developing, owning and driving market-level KPIs at various levels of establishment.
- Experience designing and executing A/B tests with high impact and broad visibility.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills. Strong Excel required; SQL proficiency preferred.
- BA/BS degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- This position will sit within Rover HQ in downtown Seattle. Minimal travel to Canada may be required.
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You love a challenge and will never stop trying to exceed your goals.
- You thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, where ever-evolving opportunities and priorities motivate and inspire you.
- You are a cross functional powerhouse and servant leader, who knows how to motivate and influence stakeholders across the organization.
- You have a tremendous bias for action. What you set out to do, you get done.
- You focus on the highest priorities and ensure that your projects will have significant impact.
- You can flex between digging into the data to understand the problem, and know when to come up for air and drive solutions forward.
- You have a sense of humor, and an ability to roll with the punches whatever comes your way.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top