Engineering Manager - Growth
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs, including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our senior leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business Magazine, and Geekwire, and in both 2016 and 2017 we were celebrated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal. In 2016 we were listed among the World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover seeks an engineering manager to help grow our customer base of pet parents and dog owners. You’ll manage a team of talented engineers to build and refine features that make it easier, more compelling, and more satisfying for more pet parents to choose Rover for their pets’ care. Through mentorship and removing roadblocks you’ll help your team deliver their projects on time, at a high level of quality, and with engineering excellence. You’ll partner with product managers to develop, prioritize, and execute your team’s roadmap, and together with the tech lead you manage you’ll guide the architecture and implementation strategy for what your engineers build. Equally importantly, you’ll be responsible for supporting the career growth and personal development of the engineers on your team.
- Using agile development methodologies to prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects with increasing efficiency
- Driving your team’s hiring and onboarding processes
- Mentoring and developing the engineers on your team, including setting their goals and delivering their reviews
- Working with product managers to build out and execute your team’s strategic vision and roadmap
- Working with tech leads to flesh out technical requirements and advocate for your team’s engineering investments
- Fostering your team’s engineering excellence and limiting their technical debt
- Coordinating projects with cross-team dependencies
- Communicating project status and issues to stakeholders
- Your values align with Rover's Core Values
- Experience with mentoring and coaching engineers is required
- Experience with large-scale consumer-facing websites and mobile apps is required
- Experience with two-sided marketplace businesses is a plus
- Experience with Rover's technology stack (AWS, Python / Django, Docker, Elastic Search) or similar is preferred
- Experience with A/B testing and data analytics is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM, or equivalent experience is required
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operations, and employ thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Back to top