Director, Business Analytics (Market Operations)
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs - including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they live,
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
The Director of Market Operations is an analytically minded, action-oriented, cross functional powerhouse. This role is an entry point for future GMs and P&L owners at Rover. It is the perfect way to come in, learn the business end to end, and drive impact.
The role itself will manage a centralized team of Business Analysts, who are a centralized and fast-paced group of data analysts that support all non-technical teams. Business Analysts support and drive impact in owner marketing, sitter marketing and retention, customer service, operations, finance, as well as all areas where those teams overlap. Business Analysts regularly dig deep into huge sets of customer, sitter, and market-level data, then emerge with clear business narratives and recommendations. Specific areas of ownership include acquisition and retention forecasting, ROI analyses, supply/demand equilibrium, and business capacity planning. Business analysts are also a source of thought leadership, strategy, and mentorship for colleagues across the organization seeking to develop their analytical skills.
If the role of Business Analyst seems big, the role of Director, Market Operations is even bigger. The leader of this team is responsible for recruiting, inspiring, and focusing a multi-level organization: they excel at hiring and developing both individuals as well as managers. They are a master of business narrative; they set an example for their team and colleagues in how to derive actionable insights from data. When the number of analytics requests outpaces the resources at hand, they excel at identifying and prioritizing the highest impact investigations.
How You Will Contribute to Rover:
- Effectively manage, develop, and scale a multi-layered, high-performance team of business analysts.
- Manage prioritization and roadmaps for the business analytics function.
- Own all reporting and strategic recommendations for growth and health at the market / geography level.
- Provide analytical support and thought partnership to all operations functions, including marketing, customer experience, safety and enforcement, finance, new business lines, and international.
- Partner with diverse cross-functional teams and project manage strategic initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for strategic testing, execute tests and share out actionable results.
- Own the data education program and roadmap for internal employees.
- Interface regularly with senior leadership to share insights and deliver recommendations.
- 6+ years management experience (preferably with teams >5 individuals) and 3+ years experience managing managers as direct reports.
- A demonstrated track record of servant leadership. You care deeply about your people, and their careers.
- Experience organizing and activating teams cross functionally. You collaborate easily and effectively with engineering teams, marketing teams, and customer-facing teams alike.
- Advanced Excel, Tableau, or SQL experience: you are analytically minded and thrive on learning and applying new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to present analytical results to business partners and senior leadership in a useful, concise, and actionable way.
- Ability to pitch strategic recommendations and drive them through to completion. A demonstrated pattern of being self-started, self-taught and self-directed.
- Passion for our core business. You will instinctively dig into every aspect of what it means to be a dog sitter and a dog owner on the Rover platform.
- Online marketplace experience strongly preferred,
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Back to top