When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We’re looking for a UX researcher to join our team and to deliver insights that will shape the future of the Rocketrip user experience. This person will be responsible for conducting research, exploring the motivations and behaviors of our users, and collaborating with our designers, engineers, and product managers to develop new features. Our ideal candidate has strong consumer research skills, incorporating both quantitative and qualitative methods, and the ability to present various findings to stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities and define projects
- Execute research projects from start to finish, including identifying goals, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting
- Identify appropriate research methodologies for the questions at hand, including (but not limited to) usability studies, field studies, surveys, and diary studies.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about research projects and findings
- Educate and elevate the role of research data within Rocketrip’s product development process
- Proactively identify areas for future research, as well as triaging incoming research requests from existing focus areas.
You Should Have:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (ideally within a product development organization)
- Demonstrated expertise with various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies including, but not limited to, survey design, remote and in-person in-depth user interviews, multiplatform research experience, usability testing, & heuristic evaluation
- Ability to convey research findings in a meaningful and actionable way, including the ability to tell stories with data
- Experience with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, and experiment design
- Experience with travel industry and/or B2B software. Love of mobile, apps or development environments.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Are in high growth mode, and you will have the ability to make a huge impact
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and optical
- Provide employees with a 401k plan
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy
- Have a dog-friendly office
Meet Some of Rocketrip's Employees
Rocketrip is a behavioral change platform that rewards employees for spending less for traveling for business
Back to top