When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
Are you a data-driven designer? Do you dream of a world where design sprints, fast prototyping, and user testing are the norm, not the exception? Then Rocketrip wants to talk to you. We’re seeking a UX Designer well-versed in research methodology to help create innovative new products and improve existing ones. You should be adept at turning requirements and research into actionable plans and are comfortable creating wireframes and prototypes to communicate ideas.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, and design prototypes
- Design user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques
- Partner with product management, engineering, and stakeholders to inform deliverables, shape future roadmap discussions and cultivate transparency
- Conduct user requirements and task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, design concepts, and design rationale verbally and visually
- Uncover new opportunities, products, and features through curiosity and a deep understanding of the business
You Should Have:
- 3+ years experience in a research or design role
- Experience in creating and conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits and usability studies (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com)
- Proven track record and passion for identifying problems and solving them through design
- Experience creating wireframes and prototypes and a portfolio of examples
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics). Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience with the travel industry and/or B2B software. Love of mobile, apps or development environments.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Are in high growth mode, and you will have the ability to make a huge impact
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and optical
- Provide employees with a 401k plan
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy
- Have a dog-friendly office
Meet Some of Rocketrip's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Chang identifies specific business problems for which Rocketrip will design solutions. He focuses on optimizing the company’s core platform, its analytics platform, and its user experience.
Back to top