Sales Development Representative
When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
As a Sales Development Representative at Rocketrip you will be responsible for clearly conveying Rocketrip's value. Applicants should have proven their ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and have an understanding of technology products.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop outbound leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Interact with prospects via phone and email
- Set up meetings for our Account Executives to expand the Rocketrip pipeline
- Provide pre-sales support to resolve issues and delight potential customers
- Vet inbound leads, responding to relevant contacts
- Document daily activities in Salesforce
- Work closely with sales and marketing team to accelerate sales cycle and prospecting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to take a "jack-of-all-trades" mentality, handle multiple opportunities and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Composure under pressure and a willingness to follow through on tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills for managing a high volume of opportunities
- Positive and hardworking mindset along with a desire to help close business
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Yesware and Salesforce.com
- Cold-calling experience
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.
Meet Some of Rocketrip's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Chang identifies specific business problems for which Rocketrip will design solutions. He focuses on optimizing the company’s core platform, its analytics platform, and its user experience.
Back to top