When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
We’re looking for an Office Manager to support the Rocketrip team and our office space. Our organization is extremely fast paced and is growing at a rapid rate. This person will play a key role in creating an amazing employee experience and in keeping our office in top shape. Our ideal candidate has 2-4 years of experience and is brilliantly organized, a stickler for details, and comfortable juggling multiple tasks.
What You'll Do:
- Keep our kitchen stocked and tidy
- Greet visitors and receive packages
- Handle facilities maintenance and coordinate with vendors
- On-board new hires and off-board employees
- Organize team events, including lunches and offsites
- Assist with expense filing
- Additional ad-hoc projects
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with facilities maintenance
- A passion for supporting a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Event planning experience is a plus!
- Love keeping things organized and neat
- Are comfortable handling multiple tasks at once
- Have experience as an office manager or the equivalent in a fast-paced organization
- Are always looking for ways to improve processes
- Care about employee happiness
- Are in high growth mode, and you will have the ability to make a huge impact
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and optical
- Provide employees with a 401k plan
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy
- Have a dog-friendly office
- Provide access to gym membership discounts and other discounts, including Citi Bike and Zipcar
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.
Meet Some of Rocketrip's Employees
Rocketrip is a behavioral change platform that rewards employees for spending less for traveling for business
Back to top