Head of Finance
When was the last time you were planning a business trip and really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort and convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction and frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based technology company that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
Rocketrip is looking for a strategic Head of Finance to position us for accelerated growth. Working as part of Rocketrip’s executive team and reporting to the CEO, this role will lead our financial planning, general accounting, budgeting and forecasting functions.
What you'll do:
- Assist the CEO and Board of Directors to develop the company’s short and long-term strategic operational and financial plans. Drive the implementation of these plans and prepare metrics to measure effectiveness
- Own the company’s financial modeling, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting functions
- Provide guidance and tactical support to the CEO and Board of Directors on long-term capital structure, debt and equity capital raises, and due diligence
- Direct all aspects of accounting and finance operations, and oversee the Finance team
- Provide monthly financial reporting on operations and key business initiatives
- Enhance and maintain accounting policies, processes and systems and ensure internal controls are properly designed and operating effectively
You should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant finance experience with a proven record as a strategic advisor who delivers results
- Previous early stage growth company and private equity or venture capital based company experience
- SaaS & B2B start-up experience
- Proven success growing businesses as a Head of Finance
- Are in high growth mode, and you will have the the ability to make a huge impact
- Offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and optical
- Provide employees with a 401k plan
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy
- Have a dog-friendly office
- Provide access to gym membership discounts
- Also give access to a range of other discounts including Citi Bike and Zipcar
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in New York City, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. We're a group of tech innovators who looked at the current state of business travel, became frustrated by the antiquated employee and employer experiences, and decided to do something big about it. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.
Meet Some of Rocketrip's Employees
Rocketrip is a behavioral change platform that rewards employees for spending less for traveling for business
Back to top