Senior Systems Engineer
Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of The Priceline Group, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in DevOps and cloud management to join our newly established systems team in our West Loop, Chicago office. Your role will be working directly with the development and analytics teams to help continuously improve and built new tooling for consumption by the broader engineering team.
At Rocket, we encourage experimentation, so we're not a one language, one framework shop. We encourage polyglots, who know how to pickup the right tool for the job. We value communication and collaboration, and are looking for people who reflect the Rocket values
What we use:
- AWS RDS Mysql and Aurora, Redshift, EC2, ELB, VPC, Cloudfront, S3
- Github, Jenkins
- Java, Groovy, Grails, Kotlin
- Tomcat, Apache, Nginx
- We use commercial services too, like Cloudflare
- We're open-minded and pragmatic about technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Systems engineer position, equal parts design, collaboration, coordination and hands-on engineering work.
- Help the product manager prioritize requests in our systems backlog
- Work with other systems engineers to execute infrastructure projects across the business
- Provide guidance, establish best practices, and build tools to increase team productivity
- Solve problems and lead projects from scoping to implementation
- Manage and monitor applications and infrastructure, ensuring the highest levels of availability
What you bring to the table:
- Significant AWS experience in an architect or related role
- Linux systems administration experience with a DevOps mindset
- Familiarity with build systems, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- A strong programming or scripting background in a common language
- Bonus points for database administration experience
- Build Pipeline improvements
- Data Analytics
- Infrastructure as Code
No recruiters please.
- Experience with AWS (or similar cloud infrastructure)
- Excellent communication
- Solid scripting skills (bash, python, groovy)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Experience administrating and tuning application stacks and databases
- You are passionate about how your work translates into a better user or customer experience
- You are qualified to accept employment in the US
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including 401k, bonus, health and dental insurance, and travel benefits
Click here to learn more about the culture at Rocket Travel on The Muse!
Meet Some of Rocketmiles's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Patrick works on creating a strong engineering culture at Rocketmiles. Through the flexibility of remote working, engineer-centric office spaces, and mentor relationships, Rocketmiles is a place for engineers like Patrick to thrive.
Back to top