Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of The Priceline Group, is growing our engineering team. We're looking for senior software engineers with experience with JVM languages like Java, Groovy and Kotlin to join our engineering team in our West Loop, Chicago office.
You will be involved in all facets of the software development process. You should enjoy building new products, playing with APIs and data, and discovering and exploring new technologies and ideas.
At Rocket, we encourage experimentation, so we're not a one language, one framework shop. We encourage polyglots, who know how to pickup the right tool for the job. We regularly use domain specific languages like Groovy and Kotlin in our daily work.
You will be joining our engineering team, tackling some of more interesting engineering challenges on the APIs that power our web application and other web services that make the magic happen at Rocketmiles. Enjoy pushing changes that have direct customer impact, and can be seen in production in hours, not days or weeks.
Work side-by-side with some of the smartest people Rocket has gathered from all over the world.
- You should be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- You've worked with the JVM tools and languages and are considered at an advanced-level
- You have worked in at least one other JVM language other than Java for at least one project, eg. Groovy, Scala, Kotlin or Clojure
- You love to solve design challenges
- You have deployed applications to AWS
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies
- You love new challenges
- You love mentoring other engineers
- You are passionate about how your code translates into a better customer experience
- You are authorized to accept employment in the US
- You are willing to work from our Chicago office
No recruiters please.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including 401k, bonus, health and dental insurance, and travel benefits
Click here to learn more about the culture at Rocket Travel on The Muse!
Meet Some of Rocketmiles's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Patrick works on creating a strong engineering culture at Rocketmiles. Through the flexibility of remote working, engineer-centric office spaces, and mentor relationships, Rocketmiles is a place for engineers like Patrick to thrive.
Back to top