Data Engineer (Generalist)
Rocket Travel, Inc., a subsidiary of The Priceline Group, is seeking a generalist Data Engineer to join our lean but growing data science team in our new DUMBO office in Brooklyn, NY. Taking ownership of our analytic database (Redshift) will be your core responsibility, but you will also have the opportunity to work on other functions like product analytics and machine learning.
What you will be doing:
- Own all analytic data pipelines (currently scheduled via AWS Data Pipeline), ensuring all Redshift tables are up-to-date and accurate
- Work with systems engineering / DevOps to monitor availability, troubleshoot issues, and optimize performance of our Redshift database
- Model raw event-level data into new Redshift tables as needed, working closely with product owners in understanding business logic and defining table schema
- Collaborate with analysts to optimize queries and improve performance of online (Chartio) dashboards, e.g. by writing intermediary materialized views to speed up queries
- Assist back-end engineers to prototype or integrate new external APIs for content and hotel inventory
- Develop alert and monitoring system to detect anomalies in shelf size, supplier pricing, API errors, supplier share etc.
- Work with data scientists to bring machine learning models to production.
We think the ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in SQL (MySQL, Redshift/Postgres)
- Is a scrappy problem solver and is keen to work on a variety of data challenges
- Has experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, ElasticSearch)
- Has solid scripting skills in Python and Bash; knowledge of Java is helpful but not required
- Has experience in managing ETL pipelines and/or administering databases
- Has some background or interest in machine learning, particularly relating to time series forecasting and anomaly detection
- Enjoys working cross-functionally with different internal stakeholders
At Rocket Travel, you can look forward to:
- Working with a remote-friendly environment with intrinsically motivated folks who have a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching
- Enjoying other perks such as a monthly cell phone stipend, unlimited vacation with travel credits, and reimbursement for books, conferences, and/or courses
- Having a friendly game of shuffleboard and/or pool, or enjoying a beverage or two on the roof deck with your co-workers in our brand-new DUMBO office
No recruiters, please.
Click here to learn more about the culture at Rocket Travel on The Muse!
Meet Some of Rocketmiles's Employees
Quality Assurance Engineer
Aleksandra ensures Rocketmiles’ software works properly and contains no issues in production. She also manages the development of the company’s Android application.
Back to top