Web Application Engineer
Roblox, Web Applications Engineer, San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Web Applications Engineer, you will work on a cross-discipline team building world class features for the mobile and browser versions of the Roblox application shell. Roblox is a game development and distribution platform, social network, real time communications platform, real time bidding ads platform, ecommerce site, search engine, and cloud services provider all in one.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building efficient systems that operate at scale across all of these domains. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 1.5 million transactions per second at peak and growing. Your role will be incredibly high impact and will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users.
- A Leader with experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Effective with demonstrable skills with compiled languages such as C#, Java, C++, or others
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, MySql, PostgreSQL or other database technology at scale
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and its cross-browser challenges
- Passionate about CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS and CSS libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Practiced in building responsive web pages and an interest in working within the presentation layer
- Have exposure to Memcached, Redis, or other caching technologies
- Trained with a modern web application framework (Ruby on Rails, php/zend, JSP, .NET)
- Help lead and build backend services across a large distributed systems
- Own writing unit and integration tests
- Define, identify and resolve performance issues
- Provide guidance to help define next generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top