ROBLOX – The Imagination Platform.
As UX Director, you will help us define and create the next generation user experience for ROBLOX. Our products span across phones, tablets, desktops, and consoles. Working closely with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams, the successful candidate will apply expert design skills to user flows, usability, and interactions that define the next generation of the ROBLOX mobile product. The role requires a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices found commonly in mobile applications and complex creative software like CAD or 3D applications and menus.
- Lead the core design vision of a world-class mobile product.
- Dive into other areas of ROBLOX across all platforms including desktops and consoles.
- Define, develop, and document core design use cases and stylistic vision of the platform through team collaboration.
- Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (customer service, marketing, merchandising, engineering, QA, etc.) on various products.
- Work seamlessly with the marketing design department to develop and maintain site branding.
- Unify user experience across all ROBLOX products.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required.
- 10+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role.
- Proven track record of leading core design vision of world-class products and brands in the mobile ecosystem.
- Proficiency with contemporary prototyping and graphical design tools.
- Practical experience with user research methodologies such as persona formation and usability testing.
- Ability to multi-task with outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills with an eye towards detail.
- Excellent problem solving ability with a strong sense of curiosity.
Nice to Have:
- Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience, Ergonomics or related field.
- Familiarity with desktop and 3D application UIs and workflows (CAD, Maya, Max etc.).
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top