- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
ARoblox creators run ads to help users discover their games. Many creators, in early development stages, are able to quickly assess their potential success and further investment in a game by driving user traffic into their game via the ads product. The system has worked well while being relatively unmaintained and the team now plans to double down and focus on building out a quality Roblox-ecosystem ad platform.
In the future, we see the ads platform as a way for businesses to participate in the Roblox economy in deeply immersive creative experiences. This role spans multiple types of ads, such as performance, brand, and hybrids. This presents an opportunity to be a part in building a new ad system from the ground up.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day.
- An expert with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You’re experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data.
- Big Bonus: A love for game development and Roblox
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that drive growth.
- Assist in driving the product roadmap via opportunity sizing for new product initiatives
- Access raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way--all using a custom analytics tool kit built from state-of-the-art open-source libraries.
- Build dashboards to understand root causes to changes in metrics.
- Evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches.
- Build a new ads auction system including and not limited to relevancy, feature mining, optimization, impact prediction and balancing ad load.
- Spend roughly 70% of your time in product analytics and 30% machine learning
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Back to top