Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Distributed Caching
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 & 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer - Distributed Caching, you’ll be supporting Roblox’s global platform by designing, maintaining and operating our large scale caching infrastructure while contributing to our internal Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings. You will work with a cross-functional team of engineers while having real ownership and impact.
- Build tools to operate, monitor, maintain and scale our Redis & Memcached footprints
- Have a leading role in designing & implementing our internal IaaS offerings on top of a container orchestrator platform
- Passion about the quality of your work
- Experience designing & operating large-scale distributed systems handling millions of real-time requests per second
- Systems configuration management experience with automation tools, such as Chef, Ansible, and Terraform
- Experience deploying on top of container orchestrators like Kubernetes or Nomad and service discovery systems like Consul
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Experience with programming languages, like Python or Go
- Understanding of L2-L4 of networking, TCP/UDP protocols
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with at least 5 years of hands on experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with telemetry stacks, like TICK
- Experience operating in-memory databases such as Memcached, Redis or similar
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top