Sr ML Engineer : Recommendation, Ranking & Personalization
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Sr. ML Engineer/Data Scientist on the Search & Discovery Platform team at Roblox, you’ll redefine how 100’s of Millions of users search and discover the most interesting games to play, items to define their digital avatar, or connect with friends. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Engineers to understand users needs and improve search and discovery by employing relevance and ranking techniques including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Some of the specific areas we are working into are:
- Search Ranking - Personalization
- Recommender System - Computational re-Ranking
- Information Retrieval - (Deep) Learning to Rank
- (Deep) Learning to Match Query - Query (intent) Understanding
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- You must be fluent in Python, SQL and must know Java/Scala. Knowing C# is a plus.
- Strong mathematical, statistical methods & analytical skills
- 3+ years of experience end-to-end model building using algos like SVM, DNN, Random forest etc. and deployment experience
- 3+ experience with one or more of the following: recommendation systems, ranking systems, Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, targeting systems, or similar.
- Experience working with big data & distributed systems and computing tools like S3, Hive, MapReduce, and Spark
- Experience in building Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Search Ranking, Deep Learning to Match & personalization is a big plus.
- Experienced in building and running production machine-learning based systems.
- Be a Search and Recommendation Champion: you have prowess and past experience in a multitude of recommendation technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better continuously by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are resilient, robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin Badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination
Back to top