Sr ML Engineer : Recommendation, Ranking & Personalization
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Sr. ML Engineer/Data Scientist on the Search & Discovery Platform team at Roblox, you'll redefine how 100's of Millions of users search and discover the most interesting games to play, items to define their digital avatar, or connect with friends. You will partner with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Engineers to understand users needs and improve search and discovery by employing relevance and ranking techniques including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. We work on:
- Search Ranking - Personalization
- Recommender System - Computational re-Ranking
- Information Retrieval - (Deep) Learning to Rank
- (Deep) Learning to Match Query - Query (intent) Understanding
- Be a Search and Recommendation Champion: you have prowess and past experience in a multitude of recommendation technologies, empowering you to understand the challenges of making discovery better continuously by hypothesis, modeling, and experimentation.
- Help shape and build next-generation search and discovery for games, immersive worlds and other user-generated content like models
- Ensure that our systems are robust and can scale to meet the demands of our Imagination Platform to ensure our players have a seamless experience anywhere in the world.
- Support our search and discovery infrastructure in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues.
- You should be fluent in Python, SQL and must know Java.
- 3+ experience with one or more of the following: recommendation systems, ranking systems, Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, targeting systems, or similar, end-to-end model building using algos like SVM, DNN, Random forest etc. and deployment experience
- Someone with 5+ years of experience
You could also have:
- A degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics or statistics.
- Experience working with big data & distributed systems and computing tools like S3, Hive, MapReduce, and Spark
- Experience in building Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Search Ranking, Deep Learning to Match & personalization is a big plus.
- Experienced in building and running production machine-learning based systems.
- Know C#
Equal Employment Opportunity statement below...
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top