Sr. C++ Engineer- Lua Core
Roblox, Sr. C++ Engineer- Lua Core, San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Sr. C++ Software Engineer on the Lua Core team, you’ll help define and build on our unique tech stack that drives our lua applications. You will develop tools and features that support internal teams that build applications that are used by millions of users, using our own 3D game engine. If you are experienced building tools and features used in real-time application development, love performance and enjoy working on different technologies, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing applications team.
- A programming pioneer: you have 5+ years of experience working on consumer applications and tools
- C++: you are proficient in C++ with an eye for performance; preferably working on real-time applications
- Scripting Experience: you have some scripting experience, with an interest to work in Lua
- Test driven: you love writing test
- Adaptable: you are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Team-player: you work with and inspire others around you, taking on task for the greater team
- Create best-in-class tools and frameworks to help drive Roblox applications using our 3D game engine
- Optimize code to make our applications run lightning fast on any device
- Write and maintain unit and integration test
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world’s best applications
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top