Software Engineer, Studio Modeling
- San Mateo, CA
As a Software Engineer in the Modeling Tools team you will leverage and build on Roblox Studio to create, expand, and improve the modeling capabilities of our development suite.
Your role will have an incredibly high impact that will directly affect our tens of millions of monthly users. We are looking for engineers passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant.
You are strong in C++, or other OOD language, data structures, algorithms, have experience with 3D mathematics and 3D interoperability workflows. Experience with game engine development and/or CAD application development is especially interesting. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of the Scrum and Kanban project processes.
This role will be responsible for interoperability workflows between different applications, types of content (mesh, procedural) and libraries. Including but not limited to procedural geometry generation that we are targeting in the near future.
- A confident C++ programmer with 3+ years of professional experience
- Experienced with 3D programming and familiar with linear algebra
- Familiar with exporting data from Blender, Maya, Max, or Houdini
- Knowledgeable with 3D design tools and/or 3D game engines
- Experienced with integration of 3rd party libraries and tools to support our workflows.
- Able to write clear design specs, mentor engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Experienced with profiling, optimization, along with developing tools and workflows
- Test driven: you love writing tests
- Create best-in-class developer facing modeling tools using C++ and Lua in Roblox Studio
- Improve the workflow of our community’s content creators
- Work closely with product Managers and designers to ensure that the product embodies the shared vision
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to help build the world's best user generated gaming platform
- Take ownership of projects throughout their full life cycles and self-organize your work
- Integrate with embedded QA to ensure that bugs are caught early and fixed quickly
- Maintain and improve an existing codebase
- Write and maintain automated tests
Back to top