Software Engineer Manager, RIDE
- San Mateo, CA
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
At Roblox, we are looking for a manager passionate about building world-class user experiences which are both usable and performant. Your role will have an incredibly high impact and will directly affect our internal teams productivity and efficiencies.
You will drive the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of the end-user experience across a wide variety of tools, directly impacting our passionate developer community and empowering them to make bigger and better games.
You should have a solid foundation of data structures, design, and algorithms. Experience with Lua is desired but not required, as is experienced in game development is valued. We are an Agile team, so make sure you are comfortable with the core concepts of the Scrum and Kanban project processes.
As an Engineering Leader for Studio, you will be building tools to accelerate the development process for millions of engineers. Roblox Studio allows everyone from children who have never written a line of code to experts to express themselves through game development and create experiences that are instantly available to countless players around the world. You will use your own experience as an engineer to help them.
- A leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills and an ability to hire and grow a talented team of engineers
- Experienced, with 2+ years in an engineering management role and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Adept at distilling clarity from ambiguity to mitigate product risks on cutting edge technologies
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Effective at driving projects and comfortable getting your hands dirty when needed
- Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer-facing mobile applications
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring
- Lead Developer Tools engineering team by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching products and features
- Define, develop, and implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Provide mentoring to both junior and senior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Back to top