Software Engineer - Game Engine Vulnerability Research
- San Mateo, CA
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Client Security team focuses on solving complex engineering challenges to protect Roblox Client from malicious users/attackers. As a Software Engineer for Vulnerability Research on the Game Engine Security team, you will work with us by contributing to threat modeling; vulnerability research and management; debugging the issues including the game engine bugs reported to our Bug Bounty program. You will also have involvement in designing secure systems, partnering with other engineering and security teams on driving security solutions and software development. You will work with some of the most experienced security software engineers in the industry within our growing Game Engine team.
- Experienced: you have 2-3 years of experience as a proficient software engineer with development experience in C++
- Threat-sensing: you're experienced in application threat modeling, vulnerability research, risk identification, and security testing
- Engine/platform oriented: you're excited about develop security mechanisms from scratch to protect a game engine or a similar platform, and comfortable developing cross-platform code
- A team player: you communicate well and are motivated and work well with other team members
- Research and identify dangerous vulnerabilities in software and resolve them
- Work with Roblox engineering teams to avoid flaws in software
- Review code to improve software security
- Debug security issues
- Design and apply advanced techniques for building secure systems
- Work side-by-side with security engineers experienced in reverse engineering and low-level system security
Nice to Have:
- Experience with common game exploitation methods
- Experience with building games with Roblox Studio
- Being a contributing member of Roblox Community is a big plus
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Back to top