Software Engineer, DevOps
- San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, DevOps
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
As a Software Engineer on the Apps DevOps team, you’ll play a critical role supporting our world-class developer teams and evolving our Continuous Integration solution at a time of incredible growth for our business. You will work with various engineering teams to design, implement, and maintain an integrated code and asset production build and deployment pipeline consisting of tools, automation and infrastructure. Along the way, you’ll have unlimited opportunities to shape our future and drive the technical vision and direction of the apps platforms.
You have a strong passion for enabling development teams to move faster with greater confidence and agility. You are well versed in all things DevOps, and have a passion to help teams embrace Continuous Integration and Deployment. Your daily work environment involves common source tools (ex: Perforce, GitHub), and common build tools (ex: TeamCity, Artifactory). This position will be a significant contributor to the Apps DevOps team responsible for building the tools and infrastructure to enable production teams to ship products with great quality and at a greater pace.
- A coding craftsman: you have a predisposition for tools development and can quickly pick up new languages to add to your toolbelt.
- A jack-of-all-trades: you have a solid understanding of at least one or two App Store app signing processes, and you’re hungry to learn more.
- An automation advocate: you’re passionate about finding ways to help speed up development processes.
- Up-to-speed on all things Continuous: Continuous Integration isn’t the only development practice in your wheelhouse; you also know the difference between Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery, and you understand the value of test automation.
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no one has gone before; while some may not be technologies you’ve programmed previously, you’re keen to learn and grow.
- Adaptable: you’re capable of adjusting to new challenges and experimentation
- Develop and support CI/CD solutions to meet the high-level requirements of our engineering teams.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve our development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve scalability and high availability.
- Develop and share best practices with our development teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Work with a global team of engineering leaders who are building groundbreaking technology to deliver user-generated content across multiple platforms.
- 5+ years’ build engineering, preferably TeamCity or equivalent
- 5+ years’ software development using Lua, C++, Ruby, C#, Groovy (or similar scripting languages)
- 4+ years’ workflow automation
- 3+ years’ experience in gaming, preferably in online and mobile games
- 3+ years’ experience with DevOps, preferably Chef
- Experience with mobile app store developer portals (ex: Google Play, Apple App Store, Amazon Appstore, Microsoft Store)
- Strong knowledge of package and library management systems (ex: React, Artifactory)
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (ex:. GitHub, Perforce)
- Strong knowledge of UNIX systems administration and CLI
- Strong experience of UNIX scripting languages (ex: Python and Ruby)
- Experience and passionate about Test Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience and passionate about DevOps and development team agility
Roblox - Powering Imagination
(FID - 1562)
Back to top