Senior Web Engineer - Platform Framework
Roblox, Senior Backend Web Engineer - Platform Framework, San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
Roblox is all in on going global, and as a member of the Platform Framework Team, you have the unique chance to help build the core technologies that will be the foundation of the next generation of a public 'Infrastructure-as-a-service' platform called Roblox Cloud Services.
This is much more than just a typical engineering position. This is an opportunity for you to challenge your engineering talents by building something new and important, sharing expertise, adopting innovations contributed by other engineering teams, and defining standards and evangelizing them across internal teams and the broader Roblox developer community.
You will be joining a formidable team that owns multiple widely used core technologies, including our microservices framework, code generation, code analysis tools and more.
- Experienced: you have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or a related engineering field and 5+ years of hands-on experience
- Collaborative: you like helping others and are enthusiastic about working effectively with people from different teams
- Well versed in network applications and their related technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, OAuth 2.0, OpenID, JSON, Web Token, JOSE, x509 certificates, REST)
- A solid programmer: you are skilled in a multitude of programming and scripting languages, such as C#, Java, C++ and Ruby
- Driven: to identify optimal solutions and evangelize them with other engineering groups
- Ambitious: you boldly go where no person has gone before; Redis, ASP.NET Core, AWS Lambda, InfluxDB, etc. might not be technologies you’ve used, but you are keen to learn and grow
- Up-to-speed on all things Cloud is a bonus: you have working experience with public cloud solutions such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experienced in addressing performance issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems
- Develop and deliver groundbreaking easy-to-use, well-documented, modular frameworks that provide an excellent experience for the engineers that use them
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, and standards to ensure scalability, simplicity and high availability
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation
- Participate in the design and implementation of next-generation systems
- Provide detailed, constructive design and code reviews
- Evangelize best practices in software development and end-to-end architecture
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Claire works as part of the Growth Team. She seeks to increase the number of active users across Roblox’s platform, a goal which involves finding new ways to improve players’ experiences.
Back to top