Senior Systems Engineer (Game Engine)
ROBLOX - The Imagination Platform
The Game Engine team mission: drive the scale, speed, and reliability of our core 3D engine. Our vision is to make the world’s best 3D interactive environments that run at large scale across every type of device in a multiplayer online environment. To achieve this, we require a world class core game engine.
Over the next year your team will extend the embedded Lua VM with new language features for networked communication, rewrite the task scheduler to optimize for multiple cores, optimize the asset loading system for hit rate, tune the startup time for maximum speed, and implement automated internationalization of user generated content.
You have a passion for writing high performance, rock solid C++ code. When confronted with a problem, you dig as deep as necessary to fix the root cause.
Help us build the world's best user generated gaming platform. Join our Client Team and ship awesome features to our millions of passionate users worldwide.
- Own and develop core game engine and platform features in the C++ client and server
- Ruthlessly drive better performance and stability of the engine
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++
- Expert at writing high performance code
Nice to Have:
- Client-server networking experience
- Previous experience designing and coding a game engine
- 3D programming skill
Perks & Benefits:
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible time-off
- Wellness reimbursement
- Free onsite parking & other commuter benefits
- Free catered lunches & a fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique projects!
ROBLOX is a powerful technology platform that allows users of all ages to create games, play and socialize in immersive 3D worlds. Over 22 million user generated games have been produced on the ROBLOX platform with more than 28 million players coming each month to socialize, learn, and play in worlds that stretch imaginations. ROBLOX was ranked #37 in the Consumer Products and Services category for overall revenue in INC Magazine’s 2016 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America.
Meet Some of Roblox's Employees
Director Of Engineering
Isaiah guides team workflow for ROBLOX's product development. He troubleshoots and streamlines the process, and supplies the tools and support to help team members thrive.
Back to top