Senior Software Engineer, RTC Platform
- San Mateo, CA
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer, RTC Platform, you’ll be in charge of building our upcoming platform to bring voice chat to our 160M+ monthly users. If you are an experienced developer with a deep understanding of real time communications, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team.
- Experienced: You have 3+ years of experience in webRTC (or similar technologies) with a proven track record of scaling a real-time communication platform. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Intrepid: Scaling for multiple millions of concurrent streams is exciting to you. You know it will take a lot to make it right, but you are impatient to get going.
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all aspects of webRTC from audio/video codecs, to networking (ICE, STUN, TURN) up to server side components needed to deploy the technology at scale (SFU, MCU, Relays).
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered several languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Be able to build a new real time platform from the ground up to support millions of players.
- Help define a scalable architecture that allows us to support small groups up to large broadcasts.
- Setup the process and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development.
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox – Powering Imagination.
Back to top